Winning the Race, Slowly (and Happy Holidays!)
Ready… Steady… Go!
Is that how the festive season feels for you? Like a race that’s over just as soon as it began?
Then today’s message is for YOU.
As we launch ourselves into this very special but often frenetic time of year, it’s easy to rush through it all. So I’ve selected five resources – from Expat Nest and others – that remind us to set the right tone and pace for the holidays, so that we return radiant and refreshed.
- A Story with a Message for You: A beautiful metaphor that inspires us to pause and “sharpen our axes”.
- Got the Festive Season Blues? Because many internationals experience this time of year with mixed feelings (you are not alone).
- Expat Story: Holidays and Home Visits: Some inspiring ideas for expats trying to find this tricky balance.
- How to Survive the Holidays Without a Meltdown When You Have Kids: Our favourite tip? “Remember what’s important.”
- What Makes a Good Life? Lessons from the Longest Study on Happiness: A gentle reminder to make our moments count and focus on what makes us happy.
As for me…
I aim to be completely off my emails and social media this festive season, because disconnecting makes the time pass slower. I also plan to visit Christmas markets, dine at my favourite restaurants and dress up!
What are your plans for the holidays? I would love to know… really! Just leave a comment below.
Thank you for your support over the past year, and for regularly reading our articles. A special thanks also to each and every client who chooses our services as the best option for their wellbeing. I can’t describe how much we appreciate this and how much we respect the fact that you trust us with the most important thing: your emotional world. Today, in our last session before the holidays, a client touched my heart with these words: “Thank you, I don’t know where I would be without you – certainly not in a happier place.”
It is both a privilege and a blessing to serve you, my beloved and unique members of the Expat Nest community.
Happy holidays and may they be filled with both rest and fun! Wishing you all the very best for the year to come…
Feel free to share this article with a loved one who would appreciate the reminder to savour these holidays in their own time.
Photo: Kaboompics.com / Pexels
0 commentsWrite a comment