—— Inner knowing
Living abroad can be an incredibly rewarding experience. But the international life isn’t without its difficulties, and it’s natural to feel overwhelmed, sad or lost at times.
When grappling with the loss of the old and the unfamiliarity of the new, you might find yourself wondering: where am I from? Where is home? Where do I belong? Also, when we’ve relocated for work reasons, there’s a risk of over-prioritising our professional identity at the expense of our personal identity.
If you’re missing that important feeling of belonging, online counselling can give you the support and guidance you need to regain a sense of identity.
Links you may like
- Understanding “Expat Language”: What Do You Call Yourself?
- 7 Common Myths about Expats
- 10 Things You Might Not Have Known About Third Culture Kids (TCKs)
- In Search of Home
- Feeling out of Your Comfort Zone? How to Gently Stretch Yourself
- Expat Story: Where Is Home to Me?
- Expat Dilemma: Should I Stay Or Should I Go?