—— Building resilience
& Life Changes
Major life transitions such as divorce, relocation, or a new job or school are known to be the greatest life stressors. For most people, these events occur perhaps a few times in their lives; for expats, moving and changing jobs can happen every few years, or even more often.
We don’t know what to expect of our new working environment, what our new home will be like, if we’ll make friends, or if our kids will adjust to their new schools. In the absence of concrete data, our mind creates worst-case scenarios, so it’s important to learn tools for managing stress.
Sessions with an online counsellor can give you the practical tools you need to handle the change.
Links you may like
- Healthy Goodbyes for Healthy Starts
- Student Abroad? Tips To Help You Adjust & Thrive
- Why Is This So Hard? 10 Challenges of Expat Life & How to Deal with Them
- Friendship Without Borders
- 4 Great Strategies to Ease Difficult Transitions for Your Family
- Get in Touch With Your Creative Side to Manage Transition
- Rediscover Your Power and Joy Abroad: 3 Tips for Expat Partners
- 5 Unpacking Tips to Help You Stay Sane After a Move
- Is It Possible to Become More ‘Ready’ For Change?
- Leaving is an Art (Expat Story)