—— Where the heart is
Family & Parenting
There are certain challenges expat parents face: how to keep your children safe while giving them the space they need to grow and flourish, for example, and how to help them cope with a new school and a foreign language.
‘Third culture kids’ as well as expat children and teens may have difficulty making friends in their new environment. Because they’re living in a culture different from that of their parents, it’s especially important for them to build friendships and feel that they belong. They may also need extra attention and help from their parents in adjusting to life in a new country.
Online counselling can offer you the support and tools you need to help your children find their feet.
Links you may like
- 10 Ways to Improve Communication With Your Child
- 4 Great Strategies to Ease Difficult Transitions for Your Family
- About to Become a Parent Abroad? Tips from Someone Who’s Been There
- Lessons from a Busy Today’s Mom
- When the Kids (or Parents) Move Away: A Mother Shares Her ‘Empty Nest’ Story
- Expat Story: Parenting and Letting Go